From:
Tamara Real <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:27:39 -0500
Yesterday I saw a funny new play by Steve Martin entitled, "Picasso at the
Lapin Agile."  It's about a fictitious meeting between Picasso and Einstein
in a Parisian cafe in 1904 (talk about what kind of people you meet in
bars!).

I bring this up not to promote the play (although it really is worth seeing
if it comes to your area), but because I read in a review that Picasso really
did paint a picture of the Cafe Lapin Agile which I believe is now in the
Metropolitan Museum of Arts' collection.

My question is, does anyone know if this painting is indeed there and is it
on view?  I'll be in the city over the holidays and I'd like to pop in if
it's up.

Thanks! (You can reply off-line)

Tamara Real
Get Real! Communications