From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:11:29 -0800
--- Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> As an all-volunteer group, Ships Company may have a skilled writer who can
> simply refer to a manual on proposal-writing, prepare the general proposal,
> and then get copies in the right hands for review.
>
> This is not intended to minimize the effectiveness of professional proposal
> writers.  It is intended to question whether the Ships Company really needs
> one.

I can understand that. We've got people who are willing to write proposals and
even some grants that we think might fit our projects. But my concern is that
people will go to all the trouble and effort of writing a proposal only to have
it rejected for some obvious reason that experienced proposal writers would
know about. It's also reassuring to have someone you can come to with questions
when you get into a brand new project, esp. something as time-consuming and
detailed as proposal writing. Plus, it's nice to know that your efforts are on
track and you aren't spinning your wheels.

deb