From:
lisa falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 11:02:31 -0600
Claudia Nicholson wrote:

>>On a related topic:  can those of you posting jobs on this list PLEASE
include a salary range?  It is surely a waste of everybody's time to
apply for jobs with salaries that are not in their price range.  And a
note to AAM:  Hey, Andy, can't AVISO require classified ads for jobs to
include a salary range?  I don't believe for a minute that hiring
institutions don't have a clue about salary when they send in the ad.<<

Yes, why isn't this mandatory?! We all know that the institution has a
budget for that salary and that if they really want someone they might
change the amount, but it sure helps to know if a job is in your
acceptable range or not before applying.

Another suggestion:  When I glance through AVISO, I start by job title, then
location and then salary...then I read the description.  Why couldn't
jobs be posted in that way to make it easier to scan (and easier on the eyes)?
For example:

Curator of Education
Albuquerque, NM
salary: 32,000 - 37,000