From:
Jane Necol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:59:10 -0400
PLEASE SIGN AND CIRCULATE!

   Dear Friends and Colleagues,

   The Professional and Administrative Staff Association of The Museum
of
   Modern Art (PASTA-MoMA) has been on strike since April 28, when its
   members voted 115-25 to reject the Museums final contract offer. (For
   more information, go to http://local2110.home.igc.org.)

   We, the Museums curators, librarians, archivists, registrars,
   educators, editors, conservators, and administrative staff, are
asking
   for a fair contract. The Museum has failed to bargain in good faith
   since negotiations began in October 1999. The issues in contention
are
   basic ones, including a modest pay increase, the security of our
   healthcare coverage, and union rights. We are fighting to defend our
   professions integrity.

   It is critical that MoMAs management stop stalling and come back to
the
   bargaining table so the strike can be resolved. Your support will
help
   make this possible. Please add your name to this list and forward to
   artists, teachers, professors of art and art history, professionals
of
   other museums and nonprofit institutions, and all who believe that
art
   is a vital part of society. Once compiled, the list will be sent to
   Glenn Lowry, Director; Agnes Gund, President; and the Trustees of The
   Museum of Modern Art.

  INSTRUCTIONS: Please select the entirety of this letter and copy it
into
   a new outgoing message (or hit Send Again). Address your message to
as
   many contacts as possible. The list is managed, so do not worry about
   name duplication. Every fiftieth person who signs should forward a
copy
   to [log in to unmask]

   Professional and Administrative Staff Association
   of The Museum of Modern Art  Local 2110  UAW  AFL-CIO
   113 University Place, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10003  (212) 387-0220
   Fax (212) 228-0198  E-mail: [log in to unmask] -
   http://local2110.home.igc.org

  We, the undersigned, urge the Museum to negotiate in good faith and
with
   due respect for its professional staff to settle a fair contract.

  Name, city, state, country

   1.  Shelly Silver, New York, NY  USA
   2.  Yvonne Rainer, New York, NY
   3.  Su Friedrich, New York, NY
   4.  C.Carr, New York, NY
   5.  J. Necol, New York, NY

Click http://www.franklinfurnace.org/links03.html
to visit 'This Month's World Wide Events'.

----------------------------------
Franklin Furnace Archive, Inc.
45 John Street, #611
New York, NY 10038-3706