From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:20:55 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  U. of C. dinosaur hunter adds 3 notches to belt
There's a small, parrot-beaked dinosaur that munched on plants; an imposing,
sharp-toothed raptor that feasted on other dinosaurs, and a "bizarre,"
slothlike beast that was mostly a mystery until now

**  Dinosaur tracks noticed by journal
The 20 tracks, slightly larger than dinner plates, are the only fully
documented dinosaur fossils ever found in Nebraska, which has few
outcroppings of rock from the era of the dinosaurs

**  Geological Museum opens in Shanghai
The Oriental Geological Popular Science Museum will open to the public today
with the exhibition of two major dinosaur skeletons and a huge plaster
replica of crystal
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Imagination let loose in Aurora's Jurassic Park
Rob Sula's business card, if he had one, would look strange: Trained artist;
full-time paleontologist

**  UNI Museum/CFU join forces to bring dinosaur exhibit to Cedar Falls
Earlier this year, museum officials inquired about securing a replica of the
largest, most complete and best preserved Tyrannosaurus rex ever found ---
for a temporary exhibit from The Field Museum in Chicago

**  Fossil Supports Case for Dutiful Dinosaur Parenting
Varricchio and his colleagues analyzed a two-foot wide specimen of red-grey
mudstone collected from the Lower Cretaceous Yixian Formation, an area in
Liaoning, China, that is famous for providing well-preserved dinosaur and
bird fossils

**  Library tiptoes around dinosaurs
Gail Borden library officials have been in touch with Project Exploration
about hosting the dinosaur exhibit, which includes six African dinosaur
skeletons and a lifelike model of a newly found species of pterosaur, which
was the first flying reptile in Africa

**  Fossil hunter a living textbook
A veteran teacher in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has trekked some
300,000 kilometers - equal to a distance of seven round-the-world trips - in
30 years to collect fossils

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org
SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History

First of all I would like to tell you how much I enjoy reading  Dinosaurnews
each week.. Immensely appreciated....
Phil Rutledge, The Grace Museum

**  Season's Greetings to all our Readers !
We are taking a short break and will be back with more items of interest at
the beginning of 2005.
Happy Xmas Everyone!