From:
"Wiener, Wendy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:14:26 -0400
I have been going through some old files and discovered two collection
objects were stolen from the museum in 1972.  We filed an insurance claim
and received a check for the value of the two objects.  I was wondering if
the objects should still remain as accessioned objects, since technically,
the objects now belong to the insurance company (if they are ever found,
that is).  I have looked in various sources, including Marie's Malaro's book
and Fine Arts Insurance: A Handbook for Art Museums and have not discovered
an answer to my question.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Wendy Wiener
Curatorial Assistant
The Octagon, The Museum of the American Architectural Foundation
Washington, DC

Museum-L" (without the quotes).