From:
Tod Engine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:49:06 GMT
>Rick,
>you might talk with your local CVB (Convention and Visitors Bureau) or
>tourism section of your Chamber of Commerce.  This is a history or
>heritage themed "step on guide" type service frequently offered to local
>visitors through this sort of organization.  Or there may be a travel
>and tourism committee at one of these organizations you could talk with
>and join.  Ask their requirements/suggestions for performing this
>service in your locality.  They may well have minimum insurance and
>"license" requirements, possible "training" in visitor services, etc.,
>and in return they may furnish leads for possible groups, tie-ins to
>local hotels, placement of flyers advertising your services, etc.  You
>might also ask on the cultural heritage newsgroup for additional
>suggestions.  Email me for more info, if you like.
>Linn

I spoke with the Convention & Visitors Bureau this morning, and they have
 nobody that has too much knowlege in the area's history , so I will become a
 step on guide for the several bus tours that come through the area.  They also
 will help with the smaller, 6-10 person van tours of historic & industrial
 sites that I would like to operate myself.  My next step is to determine what
 my insurance requirements would be, and to acquire  a passenger van.  Perhaps
 I could submit a few grant proposals for start up funding.

Thanks

Rick