From:
Recruiters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:35:15 -0400
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
For our client, The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, we are seeking a
Director of Development. The successful applicant will design, manage and
implement a comprehensive and integrated fundraising program to develop
contributed income sources for the museum’s $45 million operating budget.
The Director of Development will cultivate donor interest, hire, train and
supervise six direct-report employees, strategize with development,
curatorial and other museum staff to create campaigns and programs for donor
cultivation and solicitation, with emphasis to be placed on corporate,
foundation and individual donations at the $25 K--$1 million range. BA
degree and at least ten years experience in development with demonstrated
success in fundraising are required. Excellent communications skills and the
ability to prioritize and develop both short and long-term goals are
essential. Please send resume with detailed cover letter and names of three
references to [log in to unmask] Please note: do not contact the
Museum.

GALLERY DIRECTOR--DC
For our important Washington DC gallery client, we are seeking a Gallery
Director with at least five years of experience in contemporary galleries.
Excellent client relations, the willingness to develop and implement new
projects and initiatives and the ability to take the gallery “to the next
level” are essential. A self-motivated approach and a BA in Art History or
related strongly preferred; some experience in NYC or LA galleries and art
fairs a plus.Salary $40 K plus escalating commission rate. Please send
resume with detailed cover letter and names of three references to

MARKETING DIRECTOR
For our client, the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, we are seeking a Marketing
Director with an MBA in Marketing and at least 5 years experience. The
successful candidate will be responsible for marketing and promoting the
Garden and its programs, products and services to existing and new audiences
to increase visibility and earned revenue streams. Responsibilities include
advertising and promotion, market research and managing the graphic design,
printing and mailing processes as well as serving as a product manager for
handbooks and other products. The ideal applicant will be an aggressive
self-starter and team player with excellent management, communications and
strategic skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications a must;
experience managing graphic design, direct mail and media buying is
essential. Experience in a non-profit environment and knowledge of
gardening/public gardens is strongly preferred. Experience in book marketing
a plus. Please send resume and the names of three references with cover
letter to [log in to unmask]

GALLERY DIRECTOR--NY
For our important Upper East Side Gallery client, we are seeking a gallery
Director to work closely with the gallery’s owner and clientele. At least 3
years experience in a gallery or auction house with a focus on Modern and
post-war contemporary art is essential. The successful candidate will be
self-motivated, possess excellent communications and organizational skills
and be able to multi-manage all aspects of the gallery’s business. MA in art
history or related and foreign languages a plus; extensive knowledge of the
gallery’s focus a must. Pays 40+K. Please send cover letter, resume and
names of three references to [log in to unmask]

FAIR DIRECTOR
For our Florida-based client, we are seeking a Fair Director to manage all
aspects of an internationally renowned annual art and antiques fair
representing some of the world’s most significant galleries and dealers. The
successful candidate will coordinate and oversee the strategic marketing of
the fair, review and select potential exhibitors, manage the relationship
between the Dealers and Connoisseurs Committees and guide the marketing
team. Excellent sales experience, communications and public skills and a
proven record of meeting sales goals are essential. MA in fine arts or
business and substantial knowledge of fine art and antiques a must.
Excellent computer skills, fluency in French or German and the ability to
travel extensively and frequently are strongly preferred. Please send cover
letter, resume and names of three references to [log in to unmask]