From:
Mary Jane Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 12:38:56 -0400
I don't know anything about it.  However, I suggest you contact Dr. Patricia
Rubertone, Department of Anthropology, Brown U.  Dr. Rubertone has been
doing work in Roger Williams Park Museum for about 15 years.  Also-- if she
cannot help you, contact: Dr. Pierre Morenon (Rhode Island College) or Dr.
Shepard Krech III (Director, Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology, Brown
University).

How did you get my name?

Good luck with your search.

Sincerely,

Mary Jane Berman

At 08:40 PM 5/2/97 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>       I'm looking for information regarding the NAGPRA case involving the Roger
>Williams Park Museum of Natural History in Providence, Rhode Island, and the
>return of a carved spear rest to Native Hawaiians.  Does anyone have any
>information about the case, and has there been a resolution?  If so, what was
>the outcome?
>       With much thanks in advance,
>       Malia Nemechek
>       Graduate Student, Musuem Studies
>       John F. Kennedy University
>       Orinda, California

Mary Jane Berman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Anthropology; Director/Curator Museum of Anthropology
P.O. 7267
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27109

910-759-5827, -5282