From:
Ron Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:16:39 -0500
Hello List,

        I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Ronald Rowe.  I have joined this list with the resolve and hope of changing my career path after nearly 20 years.  I have reached a point in my life where I wish to find a position that has a greater personal reward.  My desired  position is that of an exhibit designer and fabricator.

        My background is in audio and video production and post-production.  And as a television broadcast engineer and as a network engineer (in this case five channels of "The Discovery Channel" and one channel of "Locomotion" that can be found on about 2,000 cable channels inclusively).   In that position I have been responsible for the design, costing, bidding, construction, installation and maintenance of a television station,  two post-production facilities and six channels of network television over the years.  I am a hands-on multi-talented person in my profession and in my personal life.  I like working with my hands when I can produce tangible results.  It is not my desire to find a position that does not allow me to use my hands as well as my mental abilities.  I have a rather extensive list of personal tools.  And, I have the capability and desire to use them.

        I would appreciate any and all help that you might personally be in a position to provide by sending me leads, hints and/or  critiques of my resume you can find at my spot on the web.  I have found the most popular career sites on the Internet that have museum job postings.  I have at least one good lead to follow up on.  But it never hurts to ask you, the inside professional, for help.  For which I would like to now thank you in advance.

        I the same spirit of my request to you, I would like to extend an offer to share any  knowledge of audio, video, production and post-production to those who might benefit from it on this list.  Even if you cannot provide a lead or assistance, I would be happy to help if I can.

        Thank you for your time.  An extensive resume, not to mention several thousand jokes :), can be found on my website at  http://www.netside.net/~roborowe

Sincerely,

Ronald Rowe

"Necessity is the plea for every infringment of human
liberty. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves. "