Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 14:07:14 -0500
I am shopping for a camera and copy stand so that we can produce our own
slides from books for educational purposes.  I'm aware of fair use issues,
so please, no dissertations on that topic.  I've worked in slide libraries
on and off for years, but I've never paid much attention to exactly what the
brand and model number of equipment I have used.  Ideally I'd like a copy
stand where the camera body is mounted on an arm that slides up and down, so
that I don't have to buy a lens, and which projects a lighted grid onto the
surface for ease in focusing.  After focusing, I flip a switch and the grid
goes away and the tungsten lights come on.  Does anybody know what this kind
of copy stand is called and where I can find one?   I really hate the copy
stands where the flat surface itself is cranked up and down, so I don't want
one of those.  Any suggestions as to make/model/source?

thanks,
Jill R. Chancey, Curator
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art
Laurel, MS