From:
"Wilson, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:36:43 -0500
I understand Ross Weeks' concern about long messages.  We're certainly
not at a universal design on computers yet.  Is there some sort of
universal safe limit on length of a message?  I, for one, don't mind
saving a long message into a word processing program for later reading,
but I don't have the problem of a long message causing my computer to
shut down.

Is sending attachments a good solution?  Whenever I've tried to do so I
get messages from folks saying they are unable to open the attachments.
Are some formats better than others for this?

I'll finish with a last suggestion.  Everyone is great about sending
along interesting Web sites.  It would be helpful if people would check
them before actually sending the message.  I know my typing accuracy is
not always up to what's required for an accurate URL on the first try
and that appears to me the case for others as well.

Cheers
Linda Wilson
Visitor Studies and Evaluation
Shedd Aquarium, Chicago IL 60605