From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:14:24 -0700
While I can understand Museum-L'ers aversion to discussing political matters in this Listserv, I think it's fruitless complaining about Mr. Gutierrez's posts.  He seems to be a self-appointed Muweum-L gadfly, periodically posting on off-topic subjects.  He either ignores or never sees the negative reaction to his messages.

On the subject of political candidates, though, it would be useful if someone neutral could tell us how all the candidates line up on museum issues, especially funding.  I'd like to find out more about the voting records of the 3 Senators and the governor's initiatives in this area.

Museums are not up there with health care and the mortgage foreclosure crisis.  Education does not seem to be a terribly hot topic at the moment either.  I know that participation in political activity threatens the tax exempt status of libraries, museums and historical societies but do we have to wait until the ax drops with a newly elected Chief Executive's first proposed budget to find out what the future is likely to be?

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI
Whitefish Bay, WI