From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:27:11 -0700
With 26 years experience in two types of utilities
(gas and electricity), I'm afraid what you're asking
is pretty much apples and oranges.

It would probably be better to know what comparable
consumption would be in your area.  Factors that will
affect your rates will include such things as:

1.  Which utility you are dependent upon for the
service (the rates vary dramatically).
2.  What special devices you may need to use for your
museum that are high consumption.
3.  What the weather is in your area.
4.  What is the volume of clientele you are serving.

More people means more air conditioning, and less heat
(depending upon where you are).  Colder climates will
be more dependent upon heat and warmer/humid climates
on air conditioning.

It may help you to examine your last two years of
bills and look at what your utility consumed in that
time frame.  Look at the forecast of weather for the
year ahead since rates vary depending upon usage.

Call your utility's customer service department and
see if they can assist you and perhaps do an energy
audit (some do).  You may find ways to conserve energy
and money at the same time.

You don't want to compare rates here in California
with someplace else.  You don't want to have to pay
our 40% increase due to the fiasco known as some sort
of deregulation.

The best thing about deregulation is it made me change
careers!

--- "English, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Can anyone share what their annual utility costs(
> electric, gas, water) are
> for a facility roughly 35,000 square feet?  We are
> trying to budget adequate
> for our museum which will open in the fall.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Susan English
> Executive Director
> Joliet Area Historical Museum

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02