From:
Ricardo López <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:53:52 -0400
Hello everybody outthere,

This is my first posting to the list as a member.
Some months ago I sent an e-mail to the list (I wasn't subscribed) so maybe
some of you may remember me.

I just want to state my motivation to subscribe to this list.

I'm working in the information technology area of a project that will end up
with
the creation of a Cultural Center in the Dominican Republic (a caribbean
island,for the ones who don't know my country).

One of my main tasks is to select and implement the CMS (collections
management system)
that the institution will use (Asking for advise about this issue was the
reason of my first e-mail).
Other tasks are related to networks, internet related issues.
Eventhough I know this is a general purpose list I think it is useful to be
aware of what is happenning
in the international museums community.

I'll dare to ask a first question in this introduction:

I'd like to know if there are softwares for managing collections (CMS) that
work in spanish?
I refer to the software interfaces (menus) and also to the management of
vocabulary (thesaurus,etc)

Regards,

Ricardo López
Tecnologías de la Información
Consultores y Asesores Profesionales (CAP)
Proyecto Centro Cultural Eduardo León Jimenes