From:
Timothy Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:51:19 -0400
To All List Members:

I'm back (for those of you that have spoken with me) after having been
kicked off of the list due to a shutdown in my email for several weeks.
I can see by the latest thread of Looting that tempers and emotions
still run high and deep here, which is good to know.

But my big news is I finally have a position in a museum! YAY! Actually,
it was a roundabout way, but I quit from a menial temp file clerk
position over policy matters, and lucked into a Science teaching
position through a friend at a local museum (not state Funded, for those
of you that follow Florida at all, we're broke and the Gov. wants to rid
himself of all things historical and education related if he can).  At
that time, it was a part-time teaching through a DOE grant. Well, as
luck would have it, a few months later I'd managed to work near 30 hours
a week, doing various things, and another DOE grant came open to work
on, of all things, developing a World War 2 curriculum for 11th graders
in Florida. Of course I happen to be a 20th century american military
historian, especially World War 2.

 So the moral of the story is??? Once again...right place, right time.
The downside is that the grant only lasts through January, and after
that I'm out of work...but the upside is I'll have a year and a half
experience working with the education, program, and other departments at
the museum and it will look great on my CV. Onwards and upwards I say!!

Thanks to all that have offered help, assistance and commiseration
through the attempts to gain employment. Once again in January I'll be
back in the ranks of those seeking sustenance. But for now, <PHEW>.

Tim Wade

(PS You know, thank goodness for spellchecker. I managed to misspell
museum every time I typed it in this email. SHEESH!)