From:
Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:06:13 -0500
On a related note, I've seen brick outlines and/or low brick walls
(particularly those that look "tumbled") used to trace the shape of
buildings, which can be evocative--particularly as the schoolhouse was
brick.  Not sure what that would mean in terms of disturbing the site, of
course.

Another thought, if the interpretive mandate is interpreted (ha-ha) broadly,
is to do periodic living history programs about the school--bring kids to
the site in the park to teach them about education in the nineteenth and
early twentieth centuries, and so on.  No permanent signage would be
required there.

Best,

--Eric

Eric D. M. Johnson
Proprietor
The Village Factsmith Historical Research & Consulting
http://www.factsmith.com/