From:
Chad Landsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:50:56 -0500
Hello,
I know I've seen the question before but I haven't had much luck
searching the archives so I thought I'd throw this out there for your
feedback:

Do any of you currently use or have experience using bar code
scanners/printers/software for managing your collections?  We are
looking to purchase a system for managing our archaeological collections
but most of what I find is geared towards POS and inventory management.
I know we could modify those applications for our purposes, but I'd like
something that is a little more specific to our needs.  Does anyone have
any suggestions for products (scanners, printers, software, etc.) that
would be more suitable for museums?  We are currently using Microsoft
Access as our database software so a system that works well with Access
would be nice but we aren't averse to migrating to a new platform if the
time and costs aren't excessive.  Any thoughts or advice would be
greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Chad

--
Chad W Landsman
Laboratory and Collections Manager, Anthropology