From:
Christine Castle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:53:26 -0500
Researching or evaluating ANY aspect of training and development for museum
workers (paid, volunteer, intern)?

If so, I invite you to list your ongoing work in MUSEUM EDUCATION MONITOR
(MEM), the monthly e-newsletter. Listings from museum workers, consultants,
faculty, and students at all levels of study are welcomed.

To assist these research efforts, I continue to offer free one-year
subscription to students, unwaged, and volunteer museum educators. Visit
http://www.mccastle.com/Public/MEM.aspx for details.

To share research or evaluation with others around the world, please send an
e-mail to [log in to unmask] that includes:
- name of project
- research question(s) [no more than 50 words, please]
- how the data will be presented
- principal researcher(s)/ evaluator(s)
- site(s) where research is being conducted
- time span
- contact information
- key words/labels to describe the project [no more than 4 or 5, please].

All listings are free of charge and displayed in their language of origin.
Deadline for the November MEM is Friday, November 19.

FYI, work listed in the October Practitioner Issue of MEM includes:
- Measuring the Efficacy of the Balboa Park Program: An Investigation into
Student and Teacher Attitudes, Perception, and Conception of an Integrated
Learning Experience (USA)
- Multilingual Interpretation in Museums (USA)
From learning to pedagogy: teaching history to high school students in
Australian museums and heritage sites (Australia)
- Developing a Docent Training Program for the Gateway Science Museum (USA)
- Gallery educators supporting gallery educators: How can a national museum
support education in museums through educational resources that accompany
travelling exhibitions? (Canada)

For more info on these and other ongoing research projects visit any of the
MEM sites:
Facebook-- http://www.facebook.com/Museum.Education.Monitor
Twitter-- http://twitter.com/mchriscastle
FORUM Blog-- http://forum.mccastle.com/

Please get in touch for more information about this call or to discuss your
research. I look forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Chris

M. Christine Castle, Ph.D.
Editor, Museum Education Monitor
http://www.mccastle.com

PS - Apologies for cross-posting. I know many of us subscriber to several
museum education-related electronic lists. Your patience is appreciated!