From:
Montserrat Pin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 13:59:06 -0800
Please, I have missed the answers to this question.  Could you send
me a sort of resumi of the answers? Thank you a lot !
Montserrat Pin
Museo del Prado,  Madrid
serv.comercial(a)prado.mcu.es
----------
I have been asked to put together a quick report on success factors in
museums both in Australia and overseas.

The report is being prepared for a government agency.

I am compiling case studies of museums that are successful in attracting
large numbers of visitors.

Questions being considered include:

What are success factors in museums?(Reember this is for governement who
determine success as visitation numbers)

How have museums positioned themselves in the market place to attract
these audiences?

Have msueusm changed their overall approach to treatment of content in
order to attract new audiences?

What kinds of museum experiences do today's audiences want?

How has co-location with other kinds of experiences, food, IMAX, leisure
effected visistation?  What isues need to be considered?

I am keen to speak with anyone who can help.  I am verykeen to hear from
staff at the Museum of Victoria, Museum of Civilisation, Williamsburg,
The Wildlife Discovery Centre, Indianapolis Children's Museum and the
Powerhouse.

HELP!! Please!