From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 13:43:58 -0500
Guide dogs specifically are chosen because they are mellow and good
around people. They aren't taken out in professional environments
until they can behave. I agree if this dog acts like a puppy and jumps
around then it shouldn't be brought in. Then again, if it acted like
that, it wouldn't be a good guide dog in the first place.

And why would a dog get a hold of an object to chew on in a
collections storage area? If a dog can get a hold of an object, it's
probably on the floor and not in proper storage and I'd worry more
about a human stepping on it.

All the service dogs I've been around, in training or otherwise, are
really good at just sitting there and hanging out. That's what they do
until they need to work.

I'd really talk to people with service dogs and people who train them
to learn more about them and not make assumptions that guide dogs in
training are like regular puppies. I'd talk to the intern and see how
far along the dog is in its training. If it is going everywhere with
her, behaving, and not having accidents, then like I said before, I
don't see why it would be a problem to have it hang out in collections
storage while she works.

Deb Fuller