From:
Elyse Reissman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 09:58:35 -0400
We are considering starting a Friends of Conservation group and are
interested in hearing from anyone who has experience managing such a group.
Our questions are:

1. Which department runs the program (develoment, curatorial, other)

2. Do you offer benefits or premiums or is it simply a fund into which gifts
are made?

3. Are gifts tracked like membership (with invoices mailed out after one year?)

4. How many members are in the Friends group, vs. number of Museum members

5. What is the involvement of volunteers?

We would be interested in hearing about your experiences with this or other
types of "Friends" groups (Library, Contemporary Art, etc.), and in
receiving samples of printed materials in the mail. They can be sent to

Elyse Reissman
Montclair Art Museum
3 South Mountain Avenue
Montclair NJ 07042