From:
Robin Gabriel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 14:58:42 EDT
Sue,

We use soil in one of our exhibition areas and if I am not
mistaken the curatorial folks baked the soil in the oven at a
very high temperature to kill off any crawly things. It took
them a while since the ovens were not that large, but we have
had the same soil in the exhibit for ten years and it is still
looking as fresh as the day we installed it.

According to Sue Thompson:

--
Robin Gabriel
Director of Education