From:
Mark Vang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:32:02 UT
Hi Museum-L'ers,

As long as I have been subscribed to Museum-L, there have been submissions
regarding scheduling software for museums.  I have always followed them with
some interest as I develop exhibit software for museums.  I ususally confine
myself to custom exhibit software, but in general, the gist of the messages I
have read over time has caused me to believe that there aren't many companies
that supply satisfactory scheduling software at a reasonable price.  I am
thinking of developing this software myself and if you are interested in
scheduling software I would like you to answer a few questions which could
guide me in figuring out whether this is something that is worth the effort.
This would be a major development effort for my company and if I do this... I
want to make sure that I do it right!

If you have a copy of an RFP that you may have sent out in an earlier search
for scheduling software, please mail or fax a copy of that.

If you are currently using scheduling software:

1. What software are you using?
2. How much did this software cost?
3. How good is the customer/technicial support?
4. How often do you use customer/technicial support?
5. What features of the software do you like and why?
6. What features of the software to you dislike and why?
7. What features are missing from your software that you would want?
8. Does your software operate over a network and is it important for multiple
users to access the software at the same time?
9. What operating system does this software use? (MAC, IBM/DOS, IBM/Windows)

If you are looking to purchase scheduling software:

1. How much have you budgeted for this software?
2. When do you want the software up and running?
3. What specific needs does your organization have that this software must
fill?
4. What types of reports or other output do you desire?
5. What level of expertise will the operators have... (volunteer/full-time)?
6. Do you want multiple users to be able to access this software at the same
time?
7. What operating platform do you prefer? (MAC, IBM/DOS, IBM/Windows)

IMPORTANT: Please send all reaponses to [log in to unmask]

Mark C. Vang
Freya Ventures
2100 Mediterranean Ave. Suite 15
Virginia Beach, VA 23451