From:
Shannon Glasheen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:22:47 -0400
Dear Ms. Leibman,

Here in Louisiana, we have a wonderful program, jointly sponsored by the
Arts Council of New Orleans Entergy Arts Business Center and the Louisiana
Bar Association, called Louisiana Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
(www.artscouncilofneworleans.org).  Although this program, which provides
free legal advice, representation, and information to non-profit
arts/culture organizations and low-income artists, does not deal
exclusively with museums, I frequently refer small museums and emerging
museum organizations in Louisiana to it.

Checking the Internet, I see that you have a similar organization in New
York, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (www.vlany.org).  Donating some of
your spare time to this organization might be a good opportunity to become
more exposed to arts/museum legal issues as well as help worthy but under-
funded organizations.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Shannon Glasheen