From:
Garet Bleddynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:31:46 -0500
Hi, Linda,

That's one reason we're doing this strategic plan for them. They
approached the Center for Preservation at MTSU for help with getting
their ducks in a row. The Center is using this opportunity with the
graduate students to hit two birds with one stone.

First, it gets us some rather in-depth training on a variety of public
history topics.
Second, it provides a very well-intentioned and motivated community
guidance and knowledge.

They are indeed very motivated, and they are willing to listen and
follow our suggestions. This means we have the chance to do it right.
Sustainability is key to anything we suggest.

This community is fascinating as it was a resettlement colony under
the New Deal. They have several of their original structures, and they
have the opportunity to do a lot here. I am following my typical M.O.
and throwing a broad net for information and knowledge.

Thanks!
Garet