From:
patricia l roath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 14:45:14 -0500
One other type of glove no one has yet mentioned are the nylon ones.
They are generally less expensive than cotton; we find them more
dexterous than cotton because they are thinner and fit closer to the
hand; and they do not stretch.  Because they are made from nylon filament
rather than spun staple
(short) cotton fiber, they do not leave little cotton fibers on the
objects.  Our collection is primarily textile; the nylon gloves may be
somewhat slippery with certain materials (metals, etc) and therefore
may not be appropriate for certain objects.