From:
Julie Blood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:54:40 -0500
Recently we have been receiving more requests to hold events by the public at our museum.  While this is great that we are getting our name out there, it is becoming quite a challenge to our Visitor Services staff.  It has also come to our attention that we need something in writing that we can reference when people inquire about our facilities, we are on 18.5 acres with 8 exhibit buildings and 4 historic structures so security for our campus can be a bit of a challenge at times.  Is anyone willing to share their policies with us so we know what we should be including in ours.  Do you require renters to provide security for their events, if so do you include a list of approved companies?  Do you require your renters to provide their own insurance for their events, if so what are your requirements?  Any information you can provide will be very helpful, thanks!

Thanks,
Julie