From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:01:37 -0800
Speaking as one who has volunteered for a number of
nonprofits, this is a good volunteer incentive.  It's
been 9 years come February since I volunteered for the
Smithsonian's 150th, but the shirt they gave the
volunteers is one I treasure.  I can't still fit in
it, but I will NEVER throw it away.  Shirts with
corporate logos mean nothing to me.  But my
Smithsonian shirt and the one from the Pediatric AIDS
Foundation aren't going anywhere.

I've gotten rid of lots of clothing through time, but
never any gift from a nonprofit.

I was thinking about the whaling museum and the fish
ties.  Seems to me that, if you have multiple designs,
these could also be a hit in the gift store.  I have
one of the shirts that Florida toll booth takers wear.
 For all intents and purposes, it looks a little
tacky.  But I wear that thing all over California for
the emotional attachment it gives me.  It makes me
think of someplace I've been that I really love.

--- "CSM Daniel M. Sebby" <[log in to unmask]>

http://resumes.hotjobs.com/jubileel_insaneone/museumcurator

> [...]
> "fish ties" that were
> >so popular a
> >few years ago -- *grin*   I know that you're
> located in Nantucket, and want
> >to convey a professional image, but nobody ever
> said professional had
> >to be "stodgy."
> >
> >Good luck with the hunt.   My family has property
> on Martha's Vineyard so
> >I'll be eager to come over and see your new space
> when it opens this
> >summer.
> >
> >- David -
> >David Lewis, Curator
> >Aurora Regional Fire Museum
> >www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org
> >P.S. For those wondering - yes, I wear a fire
> engine tie at all our formal
> >museum events   :-)

> >Important Subscriber Information:
> >
> >The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> >http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed
> >information about the listserv commands by sending
> a one line e-mail
> >message to [log in to unmask] . The body
> of the message
> >should read "help" (without the quotes).
> >
> >If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message
> >to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read
> >"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger!
> Download today - it's FREE!

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ .
> You may obtain detailed information about the
> listserv commands by sending a
> one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the
> message
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed
> information about the listserv commands by sending a
> one line e-mail message
> to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "help"
> (without the quotes).
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff

=====
Indigo Nights