From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:12:07 -0500
Dan

I like the new "be a Chicago Hot Dog" interactive at the Chicago History
Museum. Maybe it's because I'm interested in food history and am a Chicago
native but I really like this activity. A visitor (usually a kid as this is in the new
children's gallery) approaches an oversized hot dog bun, lies down in it and
others can cover the visitor with giant condiments. Then the visitor looks at a
mirror on the ceiling and sees himself as a Chicago style hot dog.

For the record...a Chicago Dog has mustard, onions, sweet relish, tomatoes,
pickles, celery salt, sport peppers (usually), cucumber slices (sometimes) and
Never any ketchup.

Diane Gutenkauf
Director
Robert R. McCormick Museum