From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:58:25 -0400
Dear Colleague;

Can you help us with this survey?

The New York Hall of Science is developing Life Changes (working
title), a research and professional development project that will
have as one of its deliverables a traveling exhibition.

The goal of the project is to help children from ages 4-10 to explore
biological concepts of evolution such as variation, inheritance,
selection, and adaptation. Current research in cognitive psychology
indicates that if children are introduced to these concepts at an
early age, they are more likely to see the natural world through a
scientific perspective. The project will offer creative professional
development strategies to help staff at science centers and museums
to deepen their understanding of how children understand the
biological concepts of evolution and to work in new ways to engage
children in exploring this topic.

If funded this exhibition will begin travel in Spring of 2008.

We are surveying interest in this project for inclusion in our NSF
proposal.  Click on this link
http://fs19.formsite.com/NYHoSsurvey/form881142919/index.html
to complete a survey.

If you have any questions, concerns, or want more information please
contact me.

Please excuse any duplicate mailings.

If you are not the person to fill in the survey would you please
forward it to your appropriate colleague?

I appreciate your time and thank you for helping us.

Martin Weiss

--
Martin Weiss, Ph.D
Vice President, Science