From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:44:21 -0500
I completely agree with you that the Membership publication is not the
proper place for obits of volunteers. Especially if, as many museums do,
the membership publication includes scholarly articles and invitations to
upcoming museum events. I think the membership magazine should keep its
focus on serving and informing members of material critical to them.

The monthly staff/volunteer newsletter seems like the appropriate place to
celebrate the volunteer--those are the people who knew the volunteer and
who are most interested in/in need of this information.

Diane Gutenkauf