From:
Wayne and Mary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:52:55 -0500
We are lucky here in Kewaunee that our local and state
representatives are supporting us with more than money for
a fundraising event at our museum.  We are having a
Victorian Picnic and two mayors, a state representative and
two presidents of city councils will take a cream pie in
the face if we receive a $1,000 in pledges. It looks like
we will make it. :) The money will be used to purchase
travelling exhibit cases to send around to the schools in
the fall.

The point I am making here is have you tried to involve
your local politicians in events? The mayor of our city
was asked (just yesterday) to give the welcoming remarks
to the delegates for the N.E.W. Conference on Local
History.  All it costs him is a bit of his time; all it
costs us is a lunch for two (we invited his wife also).

In the past, we also had the mayor come out to the opening
day events at our museum.  We are hoping to have a wine and
cheese room dedication sometime in the fall. Again, local
politicians will be invited.  No where in all of this have
we asked for money from the town councils. By the time we
do, they certainly will know us, and the types of
activities we have, the kinds of things we would like to
see done. It's important. (especially in an election year!)

Regards
Mary Haegele