From:
Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:48:39 -0500
To the person looking for info on UV filters:

As a former stage lighting student, I would recommend GAM CineFilters 1510,
UV Shield; I've also used Rosco but don't know the number. They also have a
full range of neutral density filters, which will reduce the amount of
light coming from a fixture--useful if you have fixtures all of one type
and you need different levels of light.  I've never tried these myself,
however.  There are also various filters (CTB/CTO/MG) that will soften and
warm fluorescent or incandescent light--this is useful if you have to
live/work/study somewhere with fluorescents, and I know that the facilities
manager at our museum uses them in the security booth so it's easier to
look at the cameras.  These tend to be the cheapest gels, and although they
burn up a little faster than Rosco and Lee, that might be OK if you're not
using high intensity lights.  You can get a 20 X 24 inch sheet for around
$5 depending on what distributor you order from and the quantity--try going
directly to www.gamonline.com.

Kathy Mancuso
Education Intern, Columbia Museum of Art