From:
Adrian Wortley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:05:56 -0600
in my own defence, allow me to say that i have absolutely no difficulty
with people using the museum-l to forward their professional endeavours.
what frustrated me about the apartment-seeking post is that it did not seem
to have any connection at all to the museum profession. perhaps i'm being
crusty, but if someone absolutely must use this list to find accomodations,
i don't think it's unfair that said individuals should at least attempt to
connect it somehow to professional undertakings. this notwithstanding, i
apologize for having gotten anyone's ire up. i find the museum-l to be an
invaluable source of information and interaction and i was not trying to
suggest some kind of inherent weakness in the system nor was i trying to
instill a sense of hostility of close-mindedness on the list. thanks

>I agree with AW and Mr. Phillips-  This isn't Apartment-L.  I sincerely
>hope everyone out there who is currently looking for a place to live is
>successful, but there must be other forums for this type of inquiry.

Adrian Wortley
Visitor Services
St. Norbert Arts & Cultural Centre