From:
Sharie Mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:14:29 -0500
Speaking of mannequins...

I'm the curator at a small historic house museum and so of course, part of
my job is to dust the objects throughout the museum. I try not to clean when
visitors are trying to view the rooms, but since the hours I work happen to
be the same hours we're open to the public, sometimes it can't be helped and
visitors sneak up on you.

Well, one day last summer I was in a period room with my back to the door,
standing in front of a dresser dusting small objects. When I heard some
visitors come to the plexiglass at the doorway to look in, I turned around
to be polite and say hello. Turns out I ended up giving them a real scare--
they had assumed I was a mannequin!