From:
"N.M. Cummings" <nmc*@MCS.COM>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 07:38:33 LOCAL
Simple way to deal with the issues about "spam" or what one should forward
to Museum-L.  If whatever it is deals with museums...then forward it to the
List. If it's something that you personally find amusing or if it's about a
"virus warning" whatever, but it doesn't have to do with museums, then don't
send it to "Museum-L".

For virus warnings, if your systems' administrator feels that you should know
about a serious virus, he/she will let you know.   If a friend or a friend of
a friend tells you about a virus, then e-mail your systems administrator and
ask them.

Also, if you object to the "spam" or forwards that are posted here, dig up the
e-mail address of the person who posted it  and mail them directly.  Posting
or re-posting this stuff to the Museum-L list only perpetuates it and
it takes away from the purpose of the List, which last time I looked was for
the discussion of museum related issues.

-Nina Cummings-
The Field Museum
Work E-Mail: <[log in to unmask]>

Say no to SPAM. When replying, remove the  *  in order to e-mail me.