From:
Greg Koos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 11:02:51 -0800
Patrick,
It isn't just privater or local sites in the US which have this
problem.  Two years ago I visited a presidential birthplace operated by
the National Trust for Historic Preservation where the guide kept on
refering to servants.  When pressed, she admitted to the fact they were
slaves, but made it a point to say that I was  rude yankee for bringing
the subject up!

Greg Koos