From:
Allison Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:12:46 -0600
At 04:42 PM 2/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>A couple smart-aleckey remarks late on a Friday afternoon:
>
>If caterers let in pests every time they open the doors, maybe we shouldn't
>let visitors in the doors, either!
>
>Education may be an unintended byproduct for those who come to us for a
>party.  But then, what of all the visitors who come to our doors and pay
>admission just to kill an afternoon, show relatives the sights, amuse the
>kids, etc. etc., and for whom education is also an unintended byproduct?
>
>And a happy weekend to all!
>
>-- Gene

Well, Mr. Smart Alek, visitors don't usually keep the doors ajar for
extended period of time, bringing in and then out food, tables, chairs,
service ware, etc.  We had a mouse in our facility not too long ago, which
we attributed (maybe wrongly) to just this situation.

and have a good week.....:)

>Eugene Dillenburg
>Geology Department
>The Field Museum                                FAX: 312-922-9566
>Roosevelt Road at Lake Shore Dr.                phone: 312-922-9410 ext. 293
>Chicago, Illinois  60605
>
>"It's not really food if it doesn't hurt."
>
>                                        -- Bruce Elliott

Allison A. Smith                ***
Registrar                          ********
Haggerty Museum of Art  ***