From:
Terrie Nolinske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:14:08 -0500
Hello Colleagues:

In my opinion, this list is an appropriate place to let people know that a
position is available and that one is seeking employment.  As with most
pieces of communication, it's all in the approach.

I don't mind suggesting places for people to check out or provide resources
to someone that truly has done their research, knows the relative direction
they want to go, where they want to live.  I don't mind advising or
providing help to people who have been online, entered some keywords, been
to the library (remember those?!) and spent time pouring over the many
available directories of associations, foundations, environmental resources,
art related, etc. museums and educational institutions that exist.  I don't
mind providing people who have clearly spent time conducting informational
interviews with professionals, who have talked about their goals with
friends and colleagues.

But I do get the sense that many times people simply and informally dash off
an email to this list and expect others to do the work.  That is most
unfair.  I think all of us would appreciate some thoughtful consideration
before such emails are sent.  Thank you!

Kind regards,
Terrie

Terrie Nolinske, Ph.D.
www.tniconsultants.com

TNI Consultants in Professional Development
930 North Boulevard
Oak Park, Illinois 60301
708. 386. 1331