From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 07:41:58 -0600
First of all - make sure your screen is high enough to be visible above
the seating - the problem with flexible seating is that you don't have
risers to help with vision.  Second, make sure you have the video/slide
equipment mounted up high - our auditorium was designed so that we have to
create aisles for the projectors, limiting the amount of seating.

We also have sliding screens which open up windows for events and cover
them for projection.  Make sure you have light brushes along the sides to
prevent light from creeping in.

If you are planning a projection booth - I would suggest not glassing it
in.  Whoever is in the booth cannot here the lecturer or instructions.

We have been open a year and half - the theatre is a beautiful room, but
obviously a bit problematic.  Too bad they didn't talk to the educator
before designing it!

Kathrine Walker Schlageck
Beach Museum of Art - K-State