From:
Reine Hauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:04:59 -0400
As the ED of a relatively nascent house museum, the board president has
asked me to explore possible policies, as we already have a mission
statement and written procedures for staff regarding site security, gift
shop protocol, admissions and reservations procedures. Could anyone with
similar experience please tell me what types of policies they have found
to be most useful?  We do not as yet have a collection, but are open for
daily tours let by trained docents; have a gift shop, hold special
events on and off site and have a small staff and an active group of
volunteers.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sincerely,

Reine Hauser