From:
Ellen Healy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:32:18 -0500
The Gomez Mill House Museum, Marlboro, NY, the oldest extant Jewish
Homestead in North America, and home to Pioneers, Patriots, Gentlemen
Farmers, Papermakers, and Preservationists, seeks an intern for the
Spring/Summer of 2002.

Located just north of the Town of Newburgh on the Orange/Ulster county
border, we were home to over 17 families spanning the years1714 to 1947.
We focus on 5 of these occupants in our 1-1/2 hour tour of the historic
house/museum. We also have a very enthusiastic "Sunday's at Mill House"
program with over 20 events planned for the season. (See our web site)

The intern will work closely with the Director, Education Director, and
volunteer docents on a daily basis.

He/she will:

1. Lead tours of the Manor House, newly restored Root Cellar and Dard
Hunter Paper Making Mill.
2. Learn "hands on" techniques for children’s programming.
3. Experience a planned archeological dig.
4. Work with re-enactors and support their programs.
5. Help coordinate Press Releases and meet Press deadlines.
6. Research, Restore, and Repair.

You must be friendly, flexible and demonstrate a willingness to learn!

We believe that children as well as adults will learn more and appreciate
history more if it is delivered in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.
If you work here, you will learn a lot, and have a lot of fun!

Salary to be determined, depending on experience.  This Saturday and
Sunday position could develop into more.

Please visit us at www.gomez.org and e-mail any questions to
[log in to unmask]  All resumes answered.
Ellen E. Healy
Education Director
11 Mill House Road, Marlboro NY 12542
[log in to unmask] 845-236-3126, 845-236-3365 fax
"A morsel of genuine history is a thing so rare as to be always
valuable".- Thomas Jefferson

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.