From:
Rachael Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 11:17:24 EST
Brian,

As a former Museum Registrar, I can offer two sources that might help you in
compiling your "Operational Performance Measures."

First, your local Attorney General should be able to provide you with guidelines
for maintaining accountability.  Many publish free manuals to non-profit
entities that are available for the asking.  They often offer tips on what might
initiate an investigation and, if one is initiated, how to best cope with it.
Contact me off the list if you would like a copy of some that I have on hand.

Another source is American Bar Association's book called "Guidebook for
Directors of Nonprofit Corporations."  (ISBN 0-89707-892-6).  This offers
sections such as:  *the parties to whom the director is accountable* and *the
director's risk and protection against it*.

I'm interested to know if this "Operational Performance Measures" is something
above and beyond a Collections Management Policy.  Good Luck!

Rachael Blackburn
Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation
310.282.6497