From:
John J Nunes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 22:07:58 -0800
david,

We have several similar violins in our collection. My understanding is
that there was a mail-order company around the turn of the century which
sold voilins with this type of label. The violins are not well made and
crack easily and lose pieces.  My guess is that is what you have.  They
were popular in the Midwest.  Can't give you a sitation because I heard
it as an anecdote from a colleague.  I'd like to get more details on this
myself.

Sarah Nunes
Curator
San Jose Historical Museum