From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:20:38 -0400
You might also scope out the social situation.  If you are newly arrived and the museum is of long standing, the volunteers may have been there for years and have their own ways of doing things.  People might even support the museum only because they personally know the volunteers who "run" it.  You don't want to alienate the community because you threaten the perceived livelihood and position of their friends, and if you want to improve the museum to professional standards you cannot afford to burn bridges in the town.

Best,

Julia Muney Moore

Public Art Administrator

Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN

(317) 875-5500 x219

mobile (317) 460-0596

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this E-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.

Please consider our responsibility to the environment before printing this email.