From:
Shana Chambers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 14:39:40 -0400
You used the term at-risk,  and I also have questioned at-risk of what?
However,  I do stand corrected for using disadvantaged and inner-city
inter-exchangibly(a word?) An assumption based on my life expereinces. I  am
a person of color who was raised in the inner-city(maybe I've allowed others
to deifne me, too much.  Oh the pangs of "dual-consiousness"(smile I hope)
 see W.E.B Du Bois'  The Souls of Black Folk)    And yes, I realize the
inner-city of SOME places are culturally rich, but not until recently have
some these institutions reached out to the poor who occupy the inner-city.
 Any label can be challenged, especially by those wearing it.

Shana Chambers
GNA2000.aol.com