Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 06:56:20 -0700
Harry;
I agree with what you say. I have been on the receiving end of having to
apply for jobs, and always feeling like the job seeker is the one who is
left out of the loop. Common courtesy would be nice, but I think that is an
oxymoron. There is nothing common about courtesy. Job seekers are generally
treated like dirt, and are not given any respect.
I know that the people who are dealing with applicants are busy, but by the
very same token, that is so very often used as an excuse to not have any
courtesy to treat another human with any degree of consideration.
I just wish that the people who deal with job applicants would place
themselves in the position of the job applicant, and realize that a response
is really essential. It is always nicest to hear 'yes,' but is would be
better to be told 'no,' and know what the situation is, rather than to be
blown of with no answer at all.
Marc M. Mahan