From:
Tom Reitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:37:45 -0500
Laura - in 1995 we built a 32,000 square foot storage, archives,
conservation and office facility for Doon Heritage Crossroads.  We're a
living history village and also house the Regional museum history
collection (the Regional museum is planned for construction in about ten
years).

The original plan, from the mid 1980s, was to include storage for other
museums and archives.  Cuts in budgets over the years changed that original
plan, so that now we store our own Regional history collection, a few large
pieces of furniture from our sister museum, and we may take on the
collection of the local police force.

If you go to our web site   www.region.waterloo.on.ca/doon   and look in
the site directory for photos of the Waterloo Regional Curatorial Centre,
it will give you an idea of what the facility looks like.

I know that another Regional museum, a couple counties away, were looking
at a collective storage facility but they couldn't get all the various
museums to agree.  You should contact Paul Attack at the Halton Region
Museum (outside Toronto) at 905-875-2200.

Regards

Thomas A. Reitz, MA
Manager/Curator, Doon Heritage Crossroads
Regional Municipality of Waterloo
RR #2, Homer Watson Blvd
Kitchener, ON N2G 3W5
PH: (519) 748-1914 Ext 227 FAX: (519) 748-0009

Laura Quackenbush <[log in to unmask]>@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM> on
11/16/2000 10:30:46 PM

Please respond to Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>