From:
Nora Weiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:22:31 -0600
RE: Two recent Museum Store queries:

1)Someone had asked about a directory of museum stores.  Our annual
Membership Directory of museum stores and their suppliers is available only
to our members and affiliates.  Information is currently being updated for
our 2000 issue, and will be available in the next month or so.  For
membership information, please contact Trevor Pendley at
(303)504-9223, or via email [log in to unmask]

2)We published an Operations and Financial Information Survey Report in
1996.  There are three reports for three museum categories: Art, History,
and Nature.  One of the surveyed categories is "Average Inventory  Dollars
per Sq. Ft.", which is classified by annual museum attendance.  To the
person who wondered about this figure, please email me directly with your
museum category and annual attendance, and I'll be happy to let you know the
industry standards for your 1,050 sq. ft. store.

Nora Weiser
Assistant Director, Programs and Membership
Museum Store Association
4100 E. Mississippi Ave., Suite 800
Denver, CO 80246-3055    USA
tel:  (303) 504-9223